Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lost Get Found

So, here I am yet again on another late night can't sleep blogging mode. An hour ago I found out some news that I thought would have devastated me. Here I sit and I have such a calm peace and I feel as if the Lord were holding me up and keeping me eyes from being cast down. Life sometimes feels so unreal and then I wonder, in our crazy mixed up thoughts have we distorted what real is? What do you think? Is "Real" the perfect life of wealth, and happiness, friends and family, a church fellowship that is constantly working as it should, children growing, meeting Mr Right, getting married and having all those wonderful picture perfect holiday meals as a family, is it the child always acknowledging that a parent is right, is it those perfect words of wisdom at just the right time that save the day, a day without struggle and mishap, shall I go on? How many versions of life are there? How many versions do we com pair to ours and wish for something better? How many ideals to we strive for to reach perfection? If I could just be there then I would be okay. If I could just be thinner then I would be pretty. If I could just be a little more rich then I would be popular. Who are we kidding? STOP! Ecclesiastes 1:2 says "All is vanity" Our minds twist and turn to our own making of reality, that we don't even know what the truth looks like anymore. That person didn't answer there phone so they are mad at me. That person only said hi and walked on so I am not important. WHO SAID! Out stupid wondering mind that doesn't KNOW what the other person is really thinking. I am in the boat with you. I am so horrible at thinking I know what someone else is thinking and guess what? The only person who is miserable is me. And most of the time I end up being wrong. I have been agonizing for months because I thought someone was mad at me. I asked them Sunday and guess what? They aren't. How foolish is that? To waist months agonizing instead of facing it, talking to them, and not playing mind games. Guess what people, Life is hard. Maybe that is why God said in 1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." to fight the good fight there must be a battle. How many of us sit as spectators and just pretend to kinda walk the faith. I mean, we pray don't we..well sometimes...we memorize and spend time with God...well, at least on Sunday...so, I am not a bad person right...Guess what..it is not about being a bad person..It is about serving the ONE TRUE GOD, bringing GLORY TO HIS NAME, and FIGHTING THE FIGHT HE HAS SET BEFORE US. Life is not about us at all!!!!!!!!!!!! It is about GOD. If we could face the dark hidden spaces of our hearts and deal with what we pretend isn't there we can by God's grace conquer sin, and live in the freedom of God's will which is way better than any imaginary success the world has to offer. Reality check, doing what is right is not always easy, in fact, most of the time it is hard and not at all what our human nature is drawn to in fact quite the apposite, but the reward..There is nothing on earth to compare. The joy, the peace, and the love of Christ is so much greater than anything else I will ever know. He is sufficient. He is enough. He is real. Speak the truth in love. Not just to others, but maybe even yourself. Be honest with yourself. Don't hide things in the closet. Walk through fire for those you love. With God there with you, the fire might not be quiet as hot as you thought it would be. Just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. They got thrown into the fiery furnace and the guards throwing them in died. Did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendnego. No! Were they willing to? Yes. God was with them. He is in control. We must BELIEVE that God is who He says He is. He WILL do what He said He will do. Throw off vain imaginations. Seek the Truth and the Truth will set you free. Stop living in a pretend world where everything needs to be perfect because you will never get there. Love people where they are at now..Love God now..after all...it's all we have..now.

No comments:

Post a Comment